Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Friday, December 16, 2011

JEANS GLORIOUS JEANS!


JEANS GLORIOUS JEANS!!!!!


One things that has always driven me crazy is the ridiculous price of jeans! I can't believe how much we have to spend for a nice pair of jeans. My son has a pair of $200 jeans and I almost fainted when I heard that. It's criminal! NOT ANYMORE!   I am going to show you today several pairs of great name brand jeans that cost me about $.50 a piece. I headed to the good ol Episcopal Church thrift store again this morning. I was there just as the doors opened. I can't tell you enough how much better your selection is going to be if you are the first one there. They were still having the bag sale where you could stuff as many clothes in the bag for $5.00. Oh I stuffed alright and came away with a great selection of jeans that will be in the thrift store. They had set out bins full of jeans. The ones on top looked old and very used but I searched through to the bottom and found Chico, Coldwater Creek, Calvin Klein, Jones New York, GAP and Old Navy jeans. All in EXCELLENT condition with no wear to them, unbelievable! Take the time to look!  Give yourself enough time to look through the items so you don't skip something. It would have cost hundreds of dollars if I had bought these same jeans in the store. WHY PAY FULL PRICE????? Cheap is so much better. Your wallet thanks you.



Just when you thought you couldn't afford a new pair of jeans.........


GAP JEANS - LONG AND LEAN SIZE 12 LONG










JONES NEW YORK SPORT STRETCH (ahhhh) SIZE 10







OLD NAVY STRETCH 14 LONG



Great looking pair jeans, nice for you lucky tall people because they are long. 













Now what would a great pair of jeans be without a black turtleneck from Pierre Cardin. It is nice and black  and in great condition. I love the longer length arms as well. I hate short long sleeves!!!  Add some accessories and  you have another great outfit for super cheap!







Again I ask, WHY PAY FULL PRICE?????



1 comment :

  1. Dori I am loving your blog! Those jeans are seriously great finds! I just wanted to give you a little tip on Gap jeans - if you notice three little dots on the tag underneath where it says Gap, that means they are from the outlet. They are still great jeans, but Gap actually uses lower quality denim on their outlet jeans. I know I like to keep an eye out for that when I'm thrifting because I'm definitely willing to pay more for the regular Gap items than the outlet items.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!