Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chicken Enchilada Burritos






Chicken Enchilada Burritos

Sunday I went for a drive by myself to get out of the house and clear my head. I did some driving and some hiking.  It has been kind of a rough week and there is nothing better than getting out in the wide open spaces of Wyoming and just taking off. Here are a few of my friends I met along the way. It reminded me of why I love it so much here. There are roads that take off in every direction. It's a beautiful place although the winters are rough it is worth it when you get to experience Summer all over again.


 

                                                                     This is Mable.

  
The Green River

Antelope

 More very curious Antelope.


Now to the food that I had cooking while I was gone......

This chicken is so easy to make and the flavor is not to overpowering but just enough to taste really good. 

Ingredients

 3 to 4 large Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 package of Taco Seasoning
1 8 oz. can of Enchilada Sauce. I used El Paso. 
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Tortillas
Salt and Pepper

Garnish with Avocado, Tomato, Sour Cream and Cilantro. 

Directions

Put chicken breasts in crock pot and pour a package of taco seasoning on top then pour can of enchilada sauce on top. Add at least 2 cups of cheese. The more the better in my opinion. Add some sliced green onions, salt and pepper and cook on high for 4-5 hours or 8-10 hours on low. When it is done shred the chicken and start building the burrito. Chicken first with a little sauce, cheese, cilantro, onions and little bit of sour cream. Fold and top with more sauce, avocados, sliced tomatoes and a dollop of sour cream. Oh so delicious.







 
 

 

I hope you enjoy this as much as we did. It really is good. The Spanish rice is amazing but I am still trying to get permission on sharing it. It is the creators very special authentic recipe that everyone loves so I have to respect that, but I am not going to quit trying!  If any of you know of a good Spanish rice recipe please share!

Thanks for stopping by!
Dori


1 comment :

  1. These look so yummy! I wonder if you can use homemade taco seasoning? Also, of yes, that rice does look amazing, and I hope you get permission to share the recipe. Would love it! (Love your blog too, have found many great recipes!) :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!