Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Jumbo Chicken Enchiladas



Jumbo Chicken Enchiladas


I know I know, I have gone a little crazy lately on the Mexican dishes. I can't help it, they are so delicious and I can't help but crave them. There is something about those flavors when they all come together that just make the perfect meal. 

These Jumbo Chicken Enchiladas are soooo good and super easy to make. You will not be disappointed, I promise. My daughter came out this weekend and she loved them. We ate them the next day and they were even better. I served them with Pinto Beans and topped it with sour cream, green onions and a little bit of salsa. The combination was perfect. The sauce mixture is divine.


 

 Ingredients

8 flour tortillas (use the bigger ones)
1 24 oz jar of Picante Sauce (mild or medium)
1 cup of cut up Cilantro
1 8 oz package of Cream Cheese
1 cup of Sour Cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 large cooked and shredded Chicken Breasts
Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 medium can of red enchiladas sauce (I used El Paso)
 Directions

Cook and shred your chicken breasts. I seasoned mine and cooked them in the skillet. In a separate bowl pour in full jar of picante sauce, cilantro, cream cheese, sour cream and salt and pepper to taste. Mix together enough to leave lots of little chunks of cream cheese, it tastes so good that way.  Put a generous amount of chicken on the tortilla, top with sauce and then add cheese. Wrap and put in a glass dish. My glass dish was quite a bit bigger than
 the 9 x 13. Use the rest of the sauce you put on the chicken and spread on top of the wrapped tortillas in the glass pan. Pour the can of red enchilada sauce on top and load it up with cheese, then top with salt and pepper. Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour or until hot and bubbly.











These are a definite favorite and I know you are going to love them. I would love to hear if you make them. Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by!
Dori

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!