Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Chicken Salsa Cream Tostadas

 

Chicken Salsa Cream Tostada's
 
We have some very angry Wasps in our backyard. If you read my post a couple of days back you will see how they attacked and stung my kids.  This evening me and my husband were talking in the kitchen and my 7 year old son comes in and asked if we knew the phone number to "Billy The Exterminators Mom":. In my husbands offended voice he says "Why?, You don't think I can take care of it"? Jed cautiously tries to explain how he thinks Billy could do "Better". Husband stands up and and says "Watch this, I will take care of it". 

The"Weapon of Choice"

I am laughing as I write this....He grabs the pink fly swatter that has a flower on it and heads bravely into the backyard. We are watching anxiously from the window as he goes to battle. All is quiet and he peeks under the wood stairs by the door and all mayhem breaks loose in Waspville. Wasps immediately start attacking and he is swatting his pink flyswatter like a professional karate instructor, spinning in circles and swatting like a madman. He runs into the house screaming and slams the door. My kids scream and run and I can't stop laughing since it happened. "My Hero".

In celebration of his braveness he got to have Tostada's. 

I was very excited to make these. I haven't had the chance to cook for a while. This is my own little creation. They turned out really good. I threw all the goodies in the crock pot and set the timer. The family LOVED them.  The tortillas tasted so good baked in the oven. This makes quite a bit and fills you up fast. We loved them and I had leftovers.

Ingredients

(Throw in the Crock pot)

4 Chicken Breasts
1 Cup of Salsa (I used Picante)
1 Can of Cream of Chicken
4 oz. of Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup of Sour Cream 
2 Cups of Cheddar Cheese
1 Pkg of Taco Seasoning
Salt and Pepper


Pkg of Corn Tortillas
1 Can of Re-fried Beans

Optional Toppings: Shredded lettuce, Cheese, Chopped Tomatoes, Chopped Green Onions, Avocado and Cilantro.

Directions

Throw the first group of ingredients in the Crock pot, turn on low and cook for 5 hours. Mix everything together and shred the chicken.


Brush both sides of the tortilla with olive oil and bake in the oven at 400 degrees until edges start to lightly brown.  In a bowl, heat up a can of re-fried beans or use a pan on the stove. Spread beans on cooked tortillas, spread some of the chicken mixture on top of the beans and top with cheese. Put in the oven just for a minute to melt the cheese. Add topping of choice! That's it. Easy huh?



Hope you enjoyed these as much as we did. If you have a REALLY PICKY EATER serve the tortilla's with a thin layer of re-fried beans and melt cheese on top. Instant hit. Would also be an easy after school snack. 

Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Dori

   



2 comments :

  1. YUMMMM , Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out SO GOOD! Instead of putting them on tostadas, we made nachos with these and topped it with our favorite fresh nacho condiments.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!